Toulouse Diaries: Au Poussin Bleu (My Fave macarons!)

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Long gone are the days where I would always pass by this unmissable confectionery in Carmes and take a brief pause to decide whether or not I should buy the mouth watering cakes and macarons on display. Macarons are something often associated with Marie Antoinette and since I was living in France, I took her words of "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" which translates to "Let them eat cake".(Although this was just a made up rumor that spread like wildfire during the French revolution) I treated myself with some chocolate and macrons from Au Poussin Bleu and just like that I felt like one of the bourgeois attending one of the queen's extravagant parties.

"Best macarons in Toulouse" was what I wrote in the google search bar and lo and behold Au Poussin Bleu was what first came up. I wouldn't trust google when searching for my symptoms when feeling sick but damn they were right about this one and I felt like I had to share this amazing discovery with all you cake lovers in the internet.


The cakes were all reasonably price so there was no way you can say no to them. The ones I would usually get were the macarons which were €5.40 for 100g. That could get you about five macarons in a box already.



It has been 3 months since I last tasted these beautiful cakes of Au Poussin Bleu. I wish they delivered to Ireland! Alas, for now Laudrรฉe macrons will have to do but one day I'll go back to Toulouse and eat like Marie Antoinette again!

A bientรดt, Dawn



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram